Friday, November 29, 2013

Fatherhood and Finances

So! Happy late Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope it was great. It is finally time for Christmas music, lights, decorations, gift giving, caroling, hot cocoa, and fireplaces! Oh and snow...lots of snow. If you couldn't tell.. I love Christmas. ANYWAY.. back on track. This week I've been learning about work and the home. The way society views work and home has changed significantly. I've read how more and more women are entering the labor force and the men are not the only breadwinners these days. Before I continue, I just want to establish that I don't find anything wrong with women working. If they choose to do that, that's great. The big issue is children. If you don't have any children, well then I guess that isn't a problem. If children are in the home (mainly young children), it can be difficult to have both parents working full time. I'm not saying just difficult for the parents because they have to find child-care and all, but difficult for the children. I firmly believe that children need to learn and grow in the company of a parent. When they are young is when they are developing and learning the things they need to know. It is also when a bond forms between the parent and child. I, personally, wouldn't want someone else raising my child. I would want to be at home raising my child and teaching them what I think it is important to learn including my religious beliefs. When children are in school, it is nice to have a parent at home because it is like a support system for the child and a way they can learn outside of school as well. I want to defend home-makers. I do not think that home-makers are wasting their life away and discarding their education and wasting it. I think home-makers do more than most people believe. I find it important to be with your children and do things around the house that need to get done. There are ways of continuing your education while being at home. There is the news, talk shows, books, online courses, etc. The list could go on and on. Truly. I think the world views home-making as not important, but I think it is one of the most important jobs you could have, if not the most important. Another topic we covered is finances. It is so important to learn how to manage finances and budget your money. Finances is one of the most common reasons for divorce. It is highly recommended to discuss how you will manage money with your fiancé before you get married. Money is an issue that most people have trouble with. Having a wedding cost money and starting a family cost money. In fact, EVERYTHING costs money. It is all about managing money. You can save so much money if you just pin point what you spend most of your money on unnecessarily and cut down on it. That can make life easier. Try going a week without spending money that you don't need to and see the difference it can make. You may want to come with a way so you will actually be able to see the numbers. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment